Thursday, August 27, 2009

the banality of life is starting to piss me off.

There's nothing happening in my life. Nothing big anyway.

I did think I would start reading Bertrand Russell's A History of Western Philosophy on the computer (it's online somewhere; I've lost the link) but it is really tough going. I'm the sort of person who still needs to hold books in his hands.

I did start re-reading Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance today. It's part On-The-Road-esque travellogue, part philosophical rambling, part ego-tripping. I'm sure he has something very significant and meaningful to say about rhetoric and quality and the pursuit of excellence; I'm just not sure what.

What else? Thanks to the TPO meeting I found a new restaurant to take people to. It's called Curry Favor, 2 blocks down from Raffles City, and they do Japanese-style curry. The tenderloin beef that I had was pretty good - although it seemed more like beef stew to me.

There's a bottle of Baileys at home that's going (relatively) fast thanks to my valiant efforts.

It disturbs me that people know that hundreds and thousands of bright young Singaporeans have left this place and no one's asking why. Maybe they should set up a Panel or something.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous ming said...

Just curious: would you leave the place?

8/29/2009 2:59 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

dunno.

8/29/2009 4:56 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home