Saturday, August 21, 2004

Oh yes I should be blogging

Right. I must remember that this blog's called Not Past Tense for a reason.

Well, we had a funky YO rehearsal today. Beethoven's 8th is a delightfully corny piece. Not corny as in makes you look completely asinine, but corny as in childish, Mozart, tick-tock kind of corny. The 2nd movement is ridiculous. Written in 2/4 but performed like 4/2. Heh and did I mention I got to choose a new(-er) piece of firewood today? Yeah - I'm taking bass no. 3 from now on. And another thing: I was the only bassist there. Whee. It's kind of irritating when conductors rub it in, saying "More bass, please".

Oh yes. Went to Marks & Spencer and bought a bag of fruit sherbets, some chocolate and 2 packs of shortbread. I am obese! (177 cm, 60 kg - that was yesterday).

Lysistrata. Funky... Ciresias (is that how you spell it) was darned funny. Sex-crazed maniacs lol.

Chamber music rules the world! (especially Poulenc, his violin sonata rocks)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home