Friday, November 12, 2004

What happened before String Ensemble camp

well there was the chamber recital.

Before I talk about that... SHAWN CHUA WHY DIDN'T YOU COME YOU PIECE OF CRAP?

Yeah ok... there was the chamber recital. First it was trout. My bass was really flat... don't know why really, but there it was. Sigh... sort of ok-ish. Saint-saens was good. Shaggy did well yay for him his teacher was sitting in the front row... haha she really knows how to turn the pressure on. Oh then it was Poulenc. Before we started Zhaohan said a bit about how he was playing the violin not the viola and something else can't remember. I remember telling Shanghui i should have given him the A right away. He did well too, I messed up that one. The piano theme died.

Keyper. It was so bad. First the bass started slipping. Then the intonation screwed up COS the bass was slipping - i had to support the bass on my thumb, and wedge the instrument like a viola da gamba (I don't want to go into specifics, some people may get the wrong ideas). So i couldn't change position properly (I can just imagine some people laughing their butts off already).

And then there was the page turn. Missed a bar or so. and piano was relentless. Well ok i can't complain about the piano, i was worse earlier. Got my act together and then the harmonics didn't sound properly. AND turned out all out of tune. I was so desperately trying to stay calm and relax then. Screwed around with the bowing to audience bit... Zhaohan was standing behind the stand, don't know why, might have been pissed or something.... whatever

I'm playing for ABRSM's high-scorer's concert yay! Alan Ridout concerto, 1st movement. If you manage to get tickets do go. I will not screw up again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home