Saturday, September 04, 2004

A sedentary lifestyle

is pretty bad for you. After a night of brisk walking from City Hall MRT to Esplanade to VCH to Raffles City to Esplanade, you feel muscles that you never knew existed cramp up in the morning in bed. Walking competitions aren't good for lazy people like me.

Anyway... I'm starting to like Beet's 8th. Quite fun, not too repetitive, moderately inventive. Amusing too. If i can figure out how to download an excerpt on my hp, it'll be my ringtone. haha.

So i was one of 2 bassists today. Fun rehearsal. Mr Casteels has a habit of saying "uhh?" if no one answers his questions. lol quite amusing. I need to practise though... especially the quaver runs.

Got home and played Civ III for 1 and a half hours. I like playing Ottomans... sipahi are good units (8 attack). Started a new game on a huge map (i hate huge maps cos my comp lags on them). The Play the World expansion pack is quite funky... multiplayer and 8 new civs. I haven't played multiplayer yet though.

After that i practised. on the piano. Did musicians wrestle everywhere. If that's music then i'm a pickled dodo. I'm still using the metronome and getting tired of it. I will never be a chamber pianist ever again (haven't I said this before?) After MWE i played some spanish dances, by granados. Neglected pieces, but pretty good. Debussy as well, played the arabesques. After 2 years i'm rediscovering a lot of piano music. Adam hasn't returned me my Rhapsody in Blue. *Makes mental note to bug him*

Why can't we do Elgar's Symphony No. 1 instead of Brahms's Symphony No. 1?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home