Saturday, October 31, 2009

haven't been posting

Haven't been doing very much at all lately. been stoning at home, playing Civ IV to death and then reading a bit of Maimonides' Guide for the Perplexed (deep theology - notes on the Old Testament!) and other random books & articles without imbibing any of it at all. Also listening to Sergio Mendes' album Fool on the Hill, which has got me hooked!

Also been drinking rather more than I'm used to, but I guess it's ok (a bit of vodka or whiskey or irish cream, 3-4 nights a week, not gonna kill me). I need an authority to come over to my place and try my vodka, cos I suspect that some Schrodingerian trickery is going on and it's turning into paint thinner. ^^

I got silver for IPPT a couple of days back, which is quite awesome since I haven't really trained and I never got anywhere near there before all this NS shit.

A bad thing: I'm not feeling any motivation to get intellectually stimulated even though it's all around me. Bertrand Russell's History of Western Philosophy is still on my table and I haven't touched it for a couple of weeks. I read Cherian George's collection of essays Singapore: The Air-Conditioned Nation, and I saw some really interesting points but I haven't felt tempted to go back and dig them up again.

I need to ask the right questions while reading, and take notes, and things, like back in school. A to-do list might help!

Hope this ennui will pass.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

greetings. i am pretty sure reading maimonides (and people think my last name is confusing, whut) counts as lots of intellectual stimulation. :D

have you read nick hornby's new book? i've heard/read that it's pretty good, almost on par with high fidelity. i bought it and still haven't read it, epic fail -_-

- aditi (:

11/04/2009 1:31 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey dee... nope i haven't read it =( i've been on a budget haha. so buying too many books is out of the question. and i'm already spending on things like the bertrand russell ^^ oh well.

how're you doing btw? do you have a new blog up?

11/04/2009 8:35 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home