Sunday, November 14, 2004

Reasons why you shouldn't quit playing the viola

Hi Zhaohan,

I think you should seriously consider staying on the viola.

1. If nothing else, it's a smart career move. We're more short of violists than teachers/nurses/trees.
2. There're so few violists around you can easily stand out from the rest. Far out.
3. Dvorak was a violist.
4. If you put more effort into finding stuff to do on the viola you might get recognised.
5. Bach was a violist too.
6. Teasing and viola jokes are part of life (is it just me or is my grammar questionable there?). Change that by doing a good PR job for the viola.
7. There's no use indulging in self-pity now when you've already gone that far.
8. You can change things. Influence trends. Make it funky to play the viola. Like "I play the viola and I'm proud of it"

Rise up to the challenge. You can do it!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

I honestly really wanna quit viola. I guess these are valid reasons why I shouldn't. My teachers and parents are ashamed of me for wanting to quit. Any more reasons?

8/19/2016 7:50 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home