Tuesday, September 09, 2008

problem

Bye Daniel. xP Another PSC bastard going off, this time to Stanford...

-----

I've been trying to write a piano quartet for some time, with hardly any progress. It sounds nice and complicated, but there's no real direction and it's going to peter out soon. I can't find room for the melodic fragments to develop. And as a bassist I pay special attention to the bass with the result that the piano part is heavily left-handed and sounds horribly thick (though that's nothing too serious; I'll just have to play it through, do some rewrites here and there).

More importantly perhaps, I'm not inspired by my life and things that are happening to me right now; my life lacks the sense of the "lofty and beautiful" (as derided by Dostoevsky). There's no epic tragedy or drama unfolding, and I'm just living a fairly normal life with slightly more than the average anxiety and angst, nothing to be too worked up about. And thus creativity eludes me.

I hope it's done by next year, though. I'd like to get an obliging pianist, violinist, violist and cellist to whack through the thing and utterly demolish my musical visions - I mean pretensions.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger homegirl said...

hallooooo :D

9/11/2008 2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home