Monday, January 12, 2009

back home

Yes I'm back home after a harrowing day. I reported to camp for the APB course, then went over to the medical centre cos of my >1cm diameter abcess on my eyelid. It was sick - partly because it was huge, partly cos it was also sunburnt. The MO referred me straight to Tan Tock Seng's A&E, they pushed me over to the eye centre, and after a long wait at around 3:30 I got the fricking thing pierced. It was so bad that while one of the nurses was wiping the anesthetic cream off it, the damn lump burst. ftw. So in the end the doctor decided to gouge it out from the outside (damn messy but less tedious) rather than the inside (no scar but damn mafan). Zomg the thing hurt like fuck for ages, no thanks to the anesthetic needles (yes, TWO of them) that I guess hadn't kicked in before I got it dug out; and there was so much icky stuff that I literally cried silent tears of blood and pus during the surgery. Thank goodness for painkillers or I'd still be writhing and moaning on the floor. 

And the upshot of all that was, I got a 3-day MC. Stingy bastards... I was expecting 5 days haha.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home