Tuesday, February 24, 2009

letdown

I just went to gramophone at cathay and got an Ella Fitzgerald / Louis Armstrong album (I think it's a compilation, there's too many good tracks on it to be true) among other things. That album was unpriced, so just before I handed my card and the stack of CDs over I asked how much it was. Got the answer - $44.95 - gulp - skinflint philistine in me screamed wtf! but I got it anyway. 

Then I got home and found out the last track on the first disc skips. My heart bleeds.

Damnit gotta go gramophone another time - and before that, test ALL the 6 other CDs just in case. Shit.

UPDATE: Somewhat happy ending - the guy at gramophone managed to get hold of another copy and exchanged it for me. (He also forgot to take off the anti-theft thing, resulting in 3 gramophone cathay staff running at me just moments after I set off the store's alarm unwittingly.) Unfortunately now disk 2 has 1 tiny tic (it skips a couple of seconds) on my favourite track, Let's Call the Whole Thing Off. But since I burnt the old (non-defective) disk 2 on my comp I don't really care any more heh.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger sneakergaze said...

oh no that sucks i hope it works out D: also guess what no one here has heard of the I AM COW HEAR ME MOO song! gasp :P

2/27/2009 1:31 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol spread the word! oh mebbe tt's cos the arrogant worms are canadian xD

2/28/2009 7:23 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home