Sunday, April 06, 2008

some kinda life review

i'm pretty much drunk and damn thirsty now. just came back from adam's pre-bmt bash. old pal, take care.

bslc wk 2 now. 2 out of 8. can't talk about training, obviously. some lessons, some practicals, tests (!), a bit of outfield stuff that i missed cos of interviews. lots of interviews thankfully - that means lots of bookouts! food is decent, bunkmates are pretty friendly and easygoing, most of the sergeants aren't the bastard sort... life isn't that bad.

this last month has been one of extreme ups and downs. A level results to be proud of, end of bmt, block leave, then posting... my father's passing... meeting my brother and many of my relatives for the first time in years, and especially getting to know him better... if i didn't have those ups over the last month i'd probably have lost the will to live; i can't say it's been a good month, it's been a hell of a roller-coaster ride.

-----

but right now i can say i'm pretty much satisfied with my life, the direction it's going, the people i spend my time with, and the future and all it holds for me. especially now.

i'm talking about the US university applications. i got rejected by chicago, princeton and columbia, which was rather sad news and i'm rather disappointed. BUT i've been accepted into Yale University, on full financial aid. that means my family won't need to pay anything for my four years there. it's a wonderful thing, a dream come true, a small miracle. it means that money isn't much of an issue anymore, and of course it means my worries are over (till i get a job anyway).

the future looks open, bright, promising; i can do just about anything i like... i'm dreaming of a double econs/music major and stuff like that, or even PPE/music if i can handle it. crazy dreams, but who'd have even thought that getting a place in a uni like that was possible for me? even till the end of my j1 year i refused to take SATs; thought it'd waste my time and all that. thank goodness i did take them, and did well enough to be considered. this is all almost a dream. amazing amazing shit.

now of course, a few hopes: getting through NS, taking my place in yale, getting there safely and settling in; and in the longer term, paying it back to the university and to society at large, here and overseas... i'll repay the confidence that the uni and all of you friends have put into me. and certainly i know this: papa, i'll make you proud.

i'll make you proud, i will.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home