Saturday, July 26, 2008

3 more weeks

3 more weeks or so till I pass out of this course (18th Aug!) and into full-fledged spec-hood. In the grand scheme of things this means only a $100 pay rise. No lifetime supply of chocolate, alcohol or passion, I'm afraid. Who cares about non-commissioned officers anyway?

Well this week wasn't too bad... Depression always strikes hardest on Sunday night and Monday morning, when I'm reminded of how sucky life is, and it usually clears up 'round Thursday night. Outfield every day again but Cat(egory) 1 weather (potential thunderstorms) killed off 2 out of 5 days and gave us a free tonner ride in place of a 5km route march during Ex. Musang II... which is pretty darn good. And we booked out 3pm on Friday. Hoping this luck persists.

As for life, well I'm getting over things and living life a little more lightly now. I just listened to Pet Sounds and some random Beach Boys tracks. It's fascinating how The Beach Boys and The Beatles fed off each other musically - the most obvious pair of songs I've found is The Beach Boys' California Girls and The Beatles' Back in the USSR. And well, I'm kinda sold on the languid musical vision of surfing, fast cars, and hot chicks. xD

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home