Friday, July 18, 2008

life goes on

I know that's a line from (possibly) the most cringe-worthy Beatles song ever, but it's an apt phrase and I'm not going to let that connotation ruin a pretty apt phrase. (The song I'm referring to is Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, and I'd rather slit my wrists than listen to it.)

I've had a deleterious week. Outfield every single day from morning till night, and an SOC test just before Ex. Wolf (laying and breaching a minefield overnight). God that sucked bad. I'm kinda sleep-deprived and incoherent (by my standards). And nice words keep floating into my mind... inchoate thoughts. Music. Pictures. Ooh the music. Aah the pictures...

What else? Well there's 3 more exercises (that means overnight outfield missions) before I pass out on aug 18th or 19th. And 3 more extras to serve. -.-

-----

Life, life... I hang on to the hope of every bookout and the pretence of normalcy that I can feign, if only to myself. I'm beginning to know the feeling of living for weekends. I hope I don't end up in a job like that, that I hate... That must suck to the core.

But no, I'm better than that. I'll finish these sickening 22 months and I'll be off to places I never before dreamt of going. Life beckons! It's heartening to have that to live for. Don't get me wrong, I'm very embarrassed at this luck; it's richly undeserved. I know I'll have to work my ass off to prove I deserve it. But trust me, I will.

-----

And there's bittorrent; hell how could I have lived in the pre-torrent era for so long? I've discovered so much more beatles haha. I'm filling up my 320 GB hard drive already, since the previous drive's almost full. While My Guitar Gently Weeps is intriguing, simply mesmerising.

Now please recommend me movies that I can mindlessly LOL at, and music that'll blow my mind... peck I'm looking at you xP

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home