Friday, August 08, 2008

not bad, not half bad

Wow. By most standards this's been a whirl of a week. Let me get the boring stuff out of the way; I've just been through the last field camp (out of five) of my course... another 2 more sleepless nights. This was exciting, I was visited twice by snakes (or possibly a very friendly one) in my first night in my shellscrape, and once by some waterfowl-ishlike birdy-thing in the morning (if I'd been a bit more dilligent in my birdwatching maybe I'd still remember what it's called heh). And yes, got to see lots of cool engineer equipment, tanks, bridges, vehicles, funky stuff. Yup.

Now. Zomg. My hunch was confirmed... Wow. Congrats Daniel and David. Man... I'm massively honoured to have had the privilege of crossing intellectual swords with you guys in the years I've known you, of taunting you Daniel while the train roars past between Toa Payoh and Novena and I fake deafness to your voice, and of laughing at you David while you write - no, wrestle with your inner debater demons while we write - GP essays. President's Scholars. Woah good stuff. It cheered me to no end; you guys really, really deserve it more than anyone I can think of. And yes it's been amazing to've known you - gawd David'll be 2 years my senior at Yale ^^ unghhhhh haha but yeah. Woah. Good on you both.

Other than that, yes I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel, my course is coming to an end, and I'm looking forward to a long weekend (Monday off w00t!) with CS Lewis, Thomas Pynchon, some random poems... what the hell, whatever I can find lying in my bookcase at home. And yeah I note, slightly gratified and bemused, that the SSO's going to attempt an interpretation of Nielsen's Symphony no. 4 'Inextinguishable' on Aug 30th - which I'm sure will disappoint me (haha I'm always disappointed at the concert hall) but nevertheless tempts me. Hehe we'll see, we'll see... One of my favourite pieces. They'd better have 2 noisy timpanists.

Wow. President's Scholars... not bad, not half bad at all.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger homegirl said...

haha 13a = filled with genius and awesomeness.

also omg snakes! are they the poisonous kind o.o

8/09/2008 12:57 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

no idea... it didn't bite and i'm still here =D

8/09/2008 9:36 am  
Blogger homegirl said...

:D haha good good. if the snake goes hissss you can go hah! hello i am a (chinesezodiac-y) snake too! so PLZ TO NOT BE HATIN', YO.

8/10/2008 9:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home