Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the office: first day.

So I got to camp early today and ended up going to the old bunks at the basic training centre block. Ahh now that the course is over I'm entitled to look back with some nostalgia, I guess. And I saw the 30SCE people and the instructors from my batch heh =)

Left for the office and reached about 7:15 - my upperstudy/predecessor ('upper' for short, on this blog, no names yet I guess) and the PA (as in the boss's actual PA) were there already and I got shown around the morning routine and the cabinets/files/whatever. That lasted till nearly 9. The boss asked me into his office for a short chat around then, nothing much, just the usual where were you from where're you going to after this ack scholar arh? For the rest of the day it was random computer work (I only watched, being the noob) till 10+, preparing for a birthday party for the boss till 12+, the party itself and clearing up (yeah, 2x 3SG dumping eggshells and cake, rinsing cups, wiping tabletops etc. ^^) then misc errands and stuff along the way. That's a "busy" day xD so I can see how a good book might come in handy on slack days haha

Yeah my upper is a nice guy, easy-going, just a bit reserved, humorous, tad geekish, no probs getting along with him. The PA's also not bad, auntyish, but (argh!) mainly speaks chinese. Which is the only drawback of an otherwise great relaxed office environment. Otherwise... it's pretty free-and-easy (obviously within limits)... there's stashes of food in lots of places... my upperstudy's configured firefox to search wikipedia from the search engine box - a true mark of geekdom; even I haven't done that haha. The only person I've met other than myself who surfs wikipedia for fun. Going to Imperial to study Chem on an A*Star - O.o pro.

Alright so that's that for my colleagues and the office. Bringing my mp3 player and a book down tmrw, it'll come in handy at least on the long bus ride back home heh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home