Sunday, March 15, 2009

brahms piano concerto (again)

Now my dream is slowly coming true. I've played through a near-perfect Brahms piano concerto. At that kind of level I've realised that technical proficiency is far from enough - and face it, my technical proficiency is far from enough. But being in the right frame of mind changes things, helps one transcend one's limitations, if only a bit. 

I've realised that to play that Brahms well, I've got to feel like all the pain and sorrow in the world is crystallising within me, and ignore everything else but that state of induced agony. Now gotta go memorise the thing and get familiar with the tuttis and entries and everything, and hopefully I'll do something about it next year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home