Monday, May 04, 2009

breather

Off from work today, thank f. That place is a very nasty well of hatred.

Jakarta: nice, generally. I saw an A&W at the airport! First time in, what, 10 years? Food was cheap but not very good and I ended up pigging out more than I should have - including that way-overdone veal steak at 2am in the morning ^^ wtf. Tough like rubber. I felt that the baby cow died in vain =(

Oh yes, the performance. It was ok, lots of slipups here and there but heck it's oldies and you can't go far wrong with tear-jerkers like yueliang daibiao wo de xin (月亮代表我的心, did I get it right?), Mona Lisa and Perhaps. The audience was politely appreciative and all that.

The 2 basses we got were awful though. I heard we paid $1000 rental for each of them - one was just about playable (precariously curved bridge though) but the other ^^ wooden tuning pegs, nylon strings, flat bridge (how to play the middle strings?) etc. Generally the set-up was so ghastly that while trying to fix metal strings on the thing, the tuning pegs bent under the pressure and the bridge collapsed twice. Gave up.

Yesterday: Coffee, Borders, my first LAN, dinner. Played Left 4 Dead with adam/jx/terence/wang. Not my usual bunch but fun. I think my hearing's permanently damaged and I came out of the LAN shop 7 bucks poorer and desperately wanting a neck-brace. But it felt good while we were at it... and 3+ hours just flew past like that playing zombies and vomiting sick slime at terence/wang and playing survivors and getting vomited at. ^^ nice.

Today: Just had a look at my schedules (I've got lots of rehearsals & appointments O.o) and July is scarily busy. If someone throws a bomb at me (extra duties, regimental duties... whatever) I'm screwed into the deepest sinkhole of shit imaginable. 3 concerts in July (and 2 of them are 2 days apart.) I need to siam at least one concert and potentially a rehearsal or two here and there. Not good!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous zH said...

what rehearsal!

5/05/2009 2:10 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

dunno see how =)

5/07/2009 10:02 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home