Friday, April 03, 2009

reading

I'm actually reading books faster than I'm buying them now, for a change. Just finished Ovid's Metamorphoses over the last week and took a break by learning how to read the Russian alphabet, polished off Toni Morrison's Beloved in one mega-session two days back (not doing it justice but I did appreciate it much more than I did the first time I tried to read it, 3 years back) and I'll start on Gunter Grass' Crabwalk pretty soon. 

I need a good translation of War and Peace! I'll be going out to get the Pevear/Volokhonsky one tomorrow. With all the time on my hands I think I'm ready to face that tome. And then Ulysses or the Aeneid or something. And I think I should read Dune.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger yihui said...

YES you should totally read dune. Dune is awesome.

4/03/2009 11:39 pm  
Blogger thanks for all the fish said...

wow. i haven't actually read a (non-medical) book since uni started i think lol. except a thousand splendid suns, which may or may not count. aaargh i want to read proust, tell me if it's good?

4/07/2009 6:25 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home