Wednesday, October 08, 2008

i'm bored stiff

I'm sick of my job. I never thought I'd say this, but I think life chionging about outside could possibly be better. More exciting, obviously. Sure, there'd be no time, but that'll make time pass faster.

And too much of a good thing makes it bad. In the economic sense I would say that at this level of free time I actually face strongly negative marginal returns to life. If I could die for short periods that'll be nice; I suppose this kinda thinking is why people do LSD and magic shrooms. xP

Friends? My friends are in uni, stuck in army, or mugging for A levels. Pathetic, ain't it? I'm going out for a concert on my own on Monday; restrain your tears. It's this kind of thing that makes people dangerously unhinged.

I wish I could go to uni now. I mean last month. People are off in cool places doing happy things. I want to start Directed Suicide (although I mightn't make it in heh). I want to be discussing The Republic and finding out what's wrong with this republic. I want to learn German, so that I can sound rude legitimately.

Most of all, I want to live outside my tempered glass aquarium, get back out into the wide open sea, stretch my fins and swim.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The human mind deletes the unpleasant aspects of memory and keeps the good: this is the only way we're able to stay alive without descending into screaming neurosis. So: while you may feel bored, SISPEC is not somewhere you really want to be right now.

Also, I hate to break it to you this way, but you don't... actually have fins. I'm sorry.

adam

10/10/2008 12:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Directed suicide looks interesting. Wtf. I want to be in uni too.

adam

10/10/2008 12:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write a post about "what's wrong with /this/ republic" because I'm seeing parallel's between both republics.

I guess this republic is the closest approximation of Plato's Republic we can find today?

10/10/2008 3:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*a parallel

10/10/2008 3:46 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ming loong resist the temptation to turn everything into a scholarly discussion pltz!

and i wasn't aware i did requests, last time i checked haha

yup adam that's very true. all of that. ^^

10/11/2008 9:58 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home