Sunday, November 11, 2007

2 poems and a ppp

whoops! just shamelessly whored your humble narrator's blog by dropping the link in on peck's/lip's tagboard =)

so now. 2 funky and nice poems and then a ppp and i should go sleep.

-----

Flowers (by Wendy Cope)
Some men never think of it.
You did. You'd come along
And say you'd nearly brought me flowers
But something had gone wrong.

The shop was closed. Or you had doubts -
The sort that minds like ours
Dream up incessantly. You thought
I might not want your flowers.

It made me smile and hug you then.
Now I can only smile.
But, look, the flowers you nearly brought
Have lasted all this while.

[what a way to treat a gf lol]

-----

Piss Flower (by Jo Shapcott)
I can't pretend to a golden parabola,
or to the downing of many pints
for making magnificent water.

I can't begin to write my name, no
not even my pet name, in the snow: except in pointless unreadable script.

But I can print a stream of bubbles
into water with a velocity
you'd have to call aesthetic.

I can shoot down a jet stream
so intense my body rises
a full forty feet and floats

on a bubble stem of grace
for just a few seconds
up there in the urban air.

[i think that's a brilliant evocation. considering the subject, too. i'd always thought there was something aesthetic about piss...]

-----

For more, visit the Poetry Archive: http://www.poetryarchive.org/
If you have the time go find "You're Beautiful" by Simon Armitage.

-----

- dear cambridge examiners
plz plz give me a set of poems i can relate to
not some crap about bullfrogs or thistles
i got an A the last time, but my powers are crescent, like Pompey's
and therefore wax and wane
and if you give me a screwed-up PC i can't score
plz plz plz give me straightforward questions on A&C and GX
preferably an easy passage too for A&C, just in case
and not a question on dramatic effect because i'll have no clue what's expected
things just have to go reasonably well for this paper
and i should be home and dry
kthxbye
-

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home