Sunday, June 08, 2008

cesc wk 2/bookout

I'm starting to feel that this blog is getting into some kind of rut, what with me only being able to update once a week and only being able to give you a frankly boring rundown of whatever I've been doing this week. I'll try my best to keep the boring stuff short but I'm afraid that doesn't leave much. ^^

So what's it like in engineers? Dig holes, attend lectures, put up fencing, prod soil for mines, eat & sleep.

Well I meant it when I said 'short' =)

Ok bookout was considerably more exciting. Saturday: Novena at 9am - Novena Church that is, my family goes almost without fail every Saturday. Wally's place at 10 with the geog guys - he's on hospitalisation leave and consequently isn't supposed to go out, since SAF thinks you should be holed in at home if you're sick or injured. That has the unfortunate side effect of making you bored stiff, I'd expect. Heh talked about - guess what - army, uni, sport (I sat out on this one, having nothing to say), and gossip. Us geog guys do a frankly insane amount of gossiping (mostly about the 07A13A pple), but it's obviously between the 4 of us so sucks to the rest of you. Oh yeah I played my first FPS there too - Halo 3, got pwnt by XY twice and pwned him once w00t. Cheapskate bugger used some melee pickaxe weapon to run me down when he had to reload or sth, while I was trying to aim. Damn fun but I'm not used to console instead of mouse.

Uhh what else? I was late for YO and dropped by 3+ during their break... did some sectionals but I didn't think they were very successful. Didn't have the time or energy to really address their problems - tone quality, knowing the notes... these things need practice, and time.

Oh yes, undoubtedly the highlight of yesterday was dinner (cafe cartel) and drinks (harry's).
ZH & Remus & I talked for ages over some combo of deep-fried stuff meant for 5 people heh. Remus ever the good angel dissuaded us from the movie (narnia at 9:10pm) but we couldn't stop ZH from going for the heineken at cafe cartel. -.- I hate beer; to borrow Adam's colourful expression it tastes like horse piss. Furthermore it's the right colour.

Well, alcohol isn't to everyone's taste, and its ability to drown sorrows is, in my experience, overrated... but it's probably the companionship that alcohol's associated with that induces that effect. And yup, enjoyed the company last night, didn't regret going to the bar after dinner either though it was only one drink each before we had to dash. So that counts as a good night out.

I'm slowly falling into a new rhythm of life, discovering the joys of hanging out with friends, that kinda thing. Yeah I'm getting a life. Haha I know lots of people who'd fall of their chairs in disbelief - what? you drink? you go out? O.O - cos me and life seem to be mutually incompatible. But yeah it's awfully therapeutic and cathartic to talk to real friends, true pals who'll always stick around no matter what. And it's knowing that they'll be around that's kept me going the past 5+ months.

So thanks to you lot.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rayner!
this is rather random, but i go to the 9am novena on saturdays as well!

anyway haven't talked to you for ages, hope all is well!

eli

6/08/2008 9:19 pm  
Blogger a adhiyatma said...

Oh Come ON heineken is awesome although I do agree that Tiger tastes like horse piss. You need to drink it in the right frame of mind.

adam

6/10/2008 8:28 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

O.o never seen you there eli... yeah things are ok. how're you? where's your blog gone? =( it was great while it lasted... and a bit like the caffeinated spider web ;) - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Caffeinated_spiderwebs.jpg

-----

yeah adam if by "the right frame of mind" you mean the absence thereof, then yeah heineken is awesome. how on earth can you like beer? it sucks!

6/11/2008 4:04 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home